The end of the year is a nice time to look at your goals. Maybe this year was not very good for you and you are looking for ways to improve and have a better 2017. Perhaps 2016 was really great for you and you are looking for ways to maintain in the New Year. Here are 5 areas and ways to make 2017 awesome!
1. Have more fun. Make it a goal to have more social interaction this year. As humans we want to feel supported, connected, and accepted and we need people in our lives to help meet this need.
2. Handle your emotions. You can learn to better manage your feelings and deal with your emotions. Journaling is a great way to help you work through difficult emotions. Journaling can help you express emotions and can help put things in a different perspective where it may feel less upsetting.
3. Strive to be a better person. You are connected to this earth and other people. You are a spiritual being with passions, goals, creativity, and talents that make the world a better place. Increase your spiritual wellbeing by increasing the time you spend mediating and praying. Journaling is also a great way to improve your mediation practice. If prayer or mediation does not feel right for you sit in silence and let your mind think about positive things. Think about your goals, aspirations, and the person you want to be. Making time for this will help you feel more relaxed, confidant, and connected.
4. Your health is so important to your wellbeing and happiness. We were designed to move and go. How can you be more active and healthy in 2017? Can you find time to walk more or get to the gym a couple times a week? How can you eat more vegetables? Feeling healthy will help you feel better in all the other things you do this year.
5. You spend so much time at your job so why not find a way to be a better professional this year? There are a lot of things you can do to improve your job satisfaction and become a better professional. For example, you can start a master mind group. This is a group of likeminded people that helps set goals and holds each other accountable to setting and reaching these goals. Hire a life coach or business coach to help you be the best professional you can be. Increase your training in order to become more experienced in your job. If you are happier at your job you will feel better in other areas of your life as well.
Here are 5 Resolutions handed to you on silver platter. Which ones do you choose? Share and tell us what is your resolution for 2017?
* Dr. Stephanie Waitt, LPC is a psychotherapist in private practice in Sherman, Texas. Stephanie works with young and successful women to help restore balance and peace. She specializes in working with individuals with eating disorders, trauma, anxiety, and depression.